What is salvation?
Salvation through Jesus Christ, is where Jesus took upon Himself the sins of the world and took on your’s and my sins. and it’s punishment so you and I would not have to. Your and my sins are like a fine in a court. You pay or go to jail. In the case of the fine for sins, it is either your life, or Christ’s. So dying on the cross as Jesus did = paying your fine with His life so you would not have to.
If you were in a war. Walking down a path with a fellow soldier who you consider a friend. A grenade rolls out in the front of you both. He jumps on it without hesitation to save your life. How obligated would you now feel to him, or his family whom you have never met? That’s what Christ did for you on the cross. He took the grenade of sin, so you could live eternally
How do I know that I need salvation?
The 10 Commandments, which is the moral law. If we break them, then that is what we are guilty of. What are these Commandments?
10 Commandments explained
- No other Gods before me = Anything you put first aka before God in your life. Money, Job, Sex, Success, Car, Hobbies etc…
- No engraven images = What you think of, idols: Music, people, heroes, etc…
- Using God’s name in vain = Using God’s name as a: Cuss ward, or a phrase that does not glorify His name such as what OMG means.
- Remember the sabbath and keep it Holy = The 7th day or Sunday is the sabbath, We are to worship the Lord on that day.
- Honor thy Mother and Father = Don’t disrespect your parents. Listen and obey them
- Thou shalt not kill = Murder. it is one thing to defend yourself, it is another just to take someone’s life.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery = Having sex outside of your marriage. Thinking of it is the same as doing it.
- Thou shalt not steal = To take anything of value that is not yours, regardless of value.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness = lying about someone. Gossip. Telling lies.
- Thou shalt not covet they neighbor’s wife, house, or possessions = To want what is clearly not yours to have.
Why can't I just live a good life and end up in heaven?
This is called self salvation or works salvation. Where you believe that you can get “yourself” into Heaven by your good deeds aka the golden rule. The fine for sin is death, through Christ we have life. This is also a form of humanism. Where you try to take Christ’s place on the cross for your sins as if you could save yourself aka become God.
The purpose of the 10 Commandments
The purpose of these Commandments is to make you realize that you cannot redeem yourself and that you need a Savior. At this point if you realize this, and you want to receive Christ. You can say this simple prayer and means every word and you’ll be saved.
Or if you prefer to be guided in prayer by a pastor, here’s a video where you can do just that.
What do I do now?
You find a Bible believing preaching church.You tell the pastor that you are a new convert. And need to know what’s involved in getting baptised. You can find a church by going to Google maps and searching: Church near me.